Saturday, December 27, 2008

Getting our house ready to go

This is such a rotten job to do. To speak of it is easy - we're basically packing our clothes and our electronics, and everything else is more or less staying put in the house.

Ah, but it is so much more. Because Dave will be using our room, we're completely vacating the master suite. While we're excellent at purging our clothes, and not that much ends up in that area, it still takes forever.

Then there is the kitchen. Again, I figure I want to make this as pleasant as possible for Dave, so we're completely purging the fridge and the pantry. I'm leaving things like spices and all purpose flour, but for the most part, it's a total clear out.

And also, just to put things in order, I'm doing a top to bottom spring clean of everything. It's making the house look great, but is never any fun to do.

Total drudgery. And my feet hurt.

No comments: