Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fabulous things happening in our kitchen

Aaron, our neighbor across the street had his Bar Mitzvah today. We went to services, and he did a fine job. Dear Roz, his mom, has been going through what all mothers of children having Bar or Bat Mitzvahs do - stress and planning.

A few weeks back, Roz asked if she could borrow some fridge space for the few days leading up to the event to keep some desserts. I'm always happy to help with any dessert event. What I didn't know at the time is that Roz's uncles own their own bakery. And it was master baker, Fivey, who was responsible for all these desserts that were going to be going in my fridge. A few days back, Roz asked if Fivey could use our kitchen for assembly. Happy to have my island be used to its full capacity, I happily agreed. Little did I know what fabulous things would be made. Cheesecakes and tortes and a chocolate-dipped strawberry tree were constructed. As I walked in after work, it couldn't have been a prettier sight.

And the best part is that I got to keep all the extra chocolate, cream, garnishes, etc that weren't used for the sweets. Darn. I'll just HAVE to make something. Such a shame.

Pastries in our kitchen 6:19 PM

No comments: