Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I wonder what the universe might be sharing

When Tom and I were in line on Election day for our precinct convention, the world suddenly became quite small when in the midst of chit chatting with those in line around me. As we were discussing where we were all originally from, after I said Ohio the guy behind us says "me too." I looked back at him and the lightening bolt of recognition hits. Quickly I'm all "What's your name?" and he's all "Sandeep" and I'm all "I'm Stephannie Behrens, we went to high school together!" Sandeep was Dan Kuhlman's (my high school boyfriend) best friend. Odd.

Then, I was home from work on Monday, laying on the sofa watching TV. An ad for Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaners comes on. I've been in the presence of the ad before - Tom reminded me because I flipped it off in the past for whatever insipid message it contained. But due to my sub-par mental state at the time, I watched the ad. And I recognized something - Dan Kuhlman was IN THE COMMERCIAL.

Ok - given that he's an actor, I've always hoped for his sake that he would become successful and that I would see him in things. But was just so surprising to see him in the ad for Stanley Steemer. If you're curious, he plays a "husband" who looks distressed at the liquid exploding out of a blender. I'm working on getting a screen capture and I'll update with a photo.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Well, where is it???

sb8q said...

Working on it