Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Texas Road Rash

Both Tom and I participated in the Texas Road Rash this past Sunday. The event, now in it's 5th year, is a series of skating events. There was an Elimination Race on Saturday and then a 1/2 and full inline skating marathon on Sunday.

Last year, I was supposed to skate this event, but I had hurt my Achilles tendon a few weeks prior, so I wasn't able to participate.

This year, Tom participated in the full marathon (actually a bit longer at 28.2 miles) and I participated in the 1/2 marathon (14.1 miles). It was a beautiful day to skate - lovely temperature, mixture of clouds and sun. However, while skating 2 of the 4 sides of the looped course we were struggling against strong winds. Naturally the wind was blowing head-on where there was no protection from trees.

Tom managed to improve his per mile time over the last marathon he completed. The overall time was not comparable because the course was longer on this race.

And I did pretty well :-)


2 comments:

Me said...

Congrats!! And that is an awesome trophy. Did they have to put the age range in there? Couldn't they have come up with a creative name for the group instead? :)

sb8q said...

I know. But then again, in some skating things, they make you send in your birth certificate before they'll let you enter, so I guess this one isn't so bad