Monday, May 5, 2008

Recipe Review - Hummus and sprout sandwich

Hummus and sprout sandwich
Ok, so I admit this one isn't all that novel, but it did make good use of some of the items out of the box this week. We got some broccoli sprouts in the box (side note - I totally have to start doing this on my own - super tidy little package of yummy, and to buy them in the store is expensive, and unnecessary, and they usually rot)

  • Toasted bread - I used homemade white bread. Clearly this would be good with your favorite type. I just happened to have made white last week. This week it's a straight wheat, so that's what I'll use.
  • Hummus - use any type you like - this again, was homemade - recipe for that when I'm at home sometime
  • Sprouts - enough to make a nice layer
  • Lettuce - I used the red romaine that came in the box
Spread hummus on both sides of the bread and stick the sprouts and the lettuce in the middle.

Other nice additions:
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber
  • Olives
  • Mushrooms
  • Radishes, thinly sliced
  • Carrots - shredded

No comments: